WESTMED Medical Group is currently hiring for a full time Registered Nurse for the Vascular and Surgical department for the Purchase, New York site.
This position will entail floating between surgical specialties including pain management, urology and vascular surgery. In vascular, there will involve pre-op teaching and phone interview, scrubbing in to cases as first assist with the surgeon or providing sedation during surgical case and the recovery patients post procedures. This position involves a high level of autonomy.
The RN is responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients and their families following the nursing process, established standards and practices. The RN will assist physicians and other team members in coordinating patient care, and functions as a resource for support staff including LPNs and Medical Assistants.
- Assesses and monitors changes in the physical and psycho/social needs of patients utilizing the nursing processes
- Educates and counsels patient and/or caregiver with provisions for follow-up
- Prepares the patient for and assists in complex procedures and treatments
- Administers and documents all medications including IV therapy accurately
- Patient charting is entered into the EMR accurately and in a timely manner
- Provides clinical direction to the support staff (LPNs, Medical Assistants)
- Responds to emergencies as needed
- Checks code cart weekly, if applicable
- Stocks supplies as needed
- Current New York State licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Vascular/surgical experience highly preferred
- Demonstrate ability to perform advanced technical skills (BLS, ACLS required)
- EMR experience is a strong plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Westmed Medical Group is a large, award-winning multi-specialty medical practice, with headquarters in Purchase, NY. It is staffed by a team of over 500 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who are dedicated to providing coordinated, efficient and the highest quality of patient care at its 13 locations in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. The practice, known for its one-stop-shopping medical experience for patients, uses state-of-the-art systems and has a national reputation for measured healthcare excellence. Westmed offers 60+ medical specialties and currently has over 1,000 employees. Our mission is to be your trusted partner in comprehensive, lifelong care. The foundation for service excellence at Westmed Medical Group starts with the patient experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients. Westmed is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level. Westmed has been one of 480 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) nationwide since 2012, and was ranked a Fortune® 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and in New York State.
Here at Westmed Medical Group, we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being “Smart" & “Nice". Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality care to our patients.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see Westmed physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Westmed Medical Group has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.