WESTMED Practice Partners is currently recruiting for a Charge Entry Associate. This position will serve as a member of our Charlotte Team and be responsible for the following responsibilities:
Entering charges for hospital, nursing home and surgical services. Reviewing and processing edits for accuracy and insurance/coding compliance. The goal will be to maintain edits less than 7 day aging in Accounts Receivables.This position will be the liaison between doctors and billing team and will work closely with doctors to ensure capturing of missing charges.
This position will serve as a member of our Charlotte team and will be responsible for the following:
• Working and resolving moderate to complex claim edits for accuracy and insurance coding/compliance. The goal is to maintain edits less than 5 day aging in A/R.
• Patient Registration including insurance verification
• Some charge entry will be required (inpatient/outpatient, nursing home, surgical services, etc.)
• Act as a liaison between doctors and billing personnel.
• Work with doctors to ensure capture of potential missing charges
• Work with Billing Department to resolve coding issues and associated problems, including pre-billing issues from the electronic billing system and/or payers to facilitate accurate and timely payment of claims.
Additional requirements include:
Here at WESTMED Practice Partners we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being “Smart" & “Nice". Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality care to our patients.